Much Ado About Nothing
September 24, 1993 | 1h 51m
Emma Thompson, Kenneth Branagh, Robert Sean Leonard, Keanu Reeves, Denzel Washington, Michael Keaton, Kate Beckinsale, Brian Blessed, Gerard Horan, Richard Clifford, Richard Briers, Ben Elton, Patrick Doyle, Jimmy Yuill, Imelda Staunton, Phyllida Law, Teddy Jewesbury, Chris Barnes, Andy Hockley, Conrad Nelson, Alex Scott, Alex Lowe
Don Pedro has defeated his brother Don John in battle and returns victorious to the home of his friend Leonato. Don Pedro's man Claudio falls in love with Leonato's daughter Hero and plans to marry her, but the devious Don John hatches a scheme to keep them apart. Meanwhile, Don Pedro brings together his woman-hating second in command with Leonato's niece Beatrice.
- Emma Thompson Nominee for the 1994 Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead
- Emma Thompson won the Evening Standard Award for best actress for her performances in "Much Ado About Nothing" (Great Britain/USA/1993) and "The Remains of the Day" (USA/1993).
- Much Ado About Nothing Co-Winner for the 1994 National Board of Review Award for Top Films
- Much Ado About Nothing Nominee for the 1994 Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture - Comedy Or Musical
- Nominated for two 1993 Spirit Awards by the Independent Feature Project/West, including best film and best actress (Emma Thompson).
- Phyllis Dalton Nominee for the 1994 BAFTA Award for Costume Design
- Stephen Evans, Kenneth Branagh, David Parfitt Co-Nominee for the 1994 Independent Spirit Award for Best Feature