The first trailer landed today for Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War. The movie is rumored to have a budget of half a billion dollars—and although not due in theatres for another five months, I suspect we will see many more trailers leading up to its release on May 4th. However, this first trailer is so well executed I suspect it will be a hard act to follow. Let’s do the deep dive on what we’re seeing here:
- I feel like this is the Avengers movie we’ve all been waiting for! It looks like every Avenger is getting some screen time here, although noticeably absent from the trailer are Hawkeye and Ant-Man (they are apparently in the film though). As well, we get some non-Avengers along for the ride with Peter Quill (I mean “Star-Lord”…I meant to say “Star-Lord”!!!) and the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy!
- We see Tony Stark with his eyes closed, in the aftermath of some kind of disaster, looking like he’s suffering an epic kind of loss. Please tell me he does not lose Pepper! Please tell me that!!! (we know Gwyneth Paltrow is in the movie).
- Looks like a tender moment between Vision and Scarlet Witch... then later, Vision's in some serious trouble. Removing an Infinity Stone from your forehead without anaesthetic? That's gotta hurt.
- That is some armour suit Spider-Man is wearing! Love the glowing eyes! (Bet Tobey Maguire wishes he'd had it in his Spidey days…) Long overdue. Can’t wait to see it in action.
- Did you see Tom Holland's hairs stand on end? That has to signify his Spidey-sense tingling... but should he really need Spidey-sense to notice a giant gaping portal in the sky above New York??
- Loki has the Tesseract... is he giving it to Thanos? All I can say is, I wouldn't trust that guy as far as I could throw him.
- Josh Brolin’s Thanos character seems…well, quite composed here. We hear him in measured tones talking about “…what it’s like to lose…to feel so desperately that you’re right…yet to fail all the same.” Perhaps he will be a worthy opponent? (I’m not rooting for the guy, but perhaps he won’t be a one dimensional character).
- How much do we love the final shot of our heroes racing into—we assume—battle! Oh—and the beard works for ya, Captain America!
Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War will be in Cineplex theatres on May 4th 2018.
For all the latest trailers, click here!