DON’T JUST SEE IT. FEEL IT.
Get into the action like never before with the next level of virtual realism. A revelation in believability, D-BOX recreates the sensations of the real world with motion and vibrations through your seat, while suppressing dizziness associated with virtual reality. Synchronized with thrilling VR audio and video content, this hyper-realistic motion experience is unlike anything you’ve ever seen…or felt. Are you ready?
Located in the XSCAPE entertainment center of Scotiabank Theatre Ottawa.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is D-BOX VR Cinematic experience?
Get into the action like never before with the next level of virtual realism. Firmly rooted in the rich storytelling traditions of cinema, yet creatively heightened by the immersive power of VR, D-BOX recreates the sensations of the real world with motion and vibrations through your seat. Synchronized with thrilling VR audio and video content, this hyper-realistic motion experience is unlike anything you’ve ever seen…or felt.
2. How long is each experience?
Catatonic lasts 5 minutes.
Night Night lasts 12 minutes.
Raising a Rukus lasts 12 minutes.
Space Flight: Orbital Emergency lasts 8 minutes.
3. How much does it cost?
Catatonic = $6
Night Night = $6
Raising a Rukus = $12
Space Flight: Orbital Emergency = $8
Invasion = $6
4. What type of equipment is part of the D-BOX VR experience?
The virtual reality device is provided by HTC Vive.
Sit comfortably in the D-BOX motion seat.
5. Are there any physical limitations that would prevent me from participating?
• Virtual Reality experience are not recommended pregnant women
• Persons who suﬀer from high blood pressure, heart conditions, back or neck conditions, epilepsy, or any type of serious medical condition
• Persons who are blind or visually impaired
• Persons prone to travel sickness
• All children under 13 years old must be accompanied by a parent or an authorized guardian to take part in the Experience
• Not recommended for children under the age of 7
6. Can I bring food or drinks in the pod area?
Hot liquids are not permitted in the vicinity of the D-BOX Motion System and must be avoided at all times to prevent spillage which could cause serious injuries to the guest.
7. I don’t want to sign the waiver. Can I enjoy the experience anyway?
The Waiver must be signed at time of purchase. Its intent is to ensure the safety of all guests.
8. I don’t like this experience; can I get a refund.
We invite you to speak with the Cineplex manager on duty.
9. How many people can participate at one time?
A total of 10 guests can participate in the D-box VR experience at one time
10. What is the age limit for D-BOX VR?
There isn’t an age limit. However the experience is not recommended for children under the age of 7
11. Can I wear glasses inside the headset?
Yes, you can.
12. If I feel dizzy/nauseous!
It is recommended that you immediately cease participation in the D-BOX VR Experience if you experience any of the following symptoms: seizures, loss of awareness, eye strain, eye or muscle twitching, involuntary movements, altered, blurred, or double vision or other visual abnormalities, dizziness, disorientation, impaired balance, impaired hand-eye coordination, excessive sweating, increased salivation, nausea, light-headedness, discomfort or pain in the head or eyes, drowsiness, fatigue, or any symptoms similar to motion sickness. Symptoms of virtual reality exposure can persist and become more apparent hours after use; Tell your attendant immediately and they can help to remove your headset and headphones. Closing your eyes, sitting down or calm breathing can also help.
13. I can’t see clearly/everything is blurry
A Cineplex D-BOX VR cast member will wipe the optics of the headset with the lens cloth and cleaner. Should that not resolve the issue, our cast member can help adjust the focus knobs on the HTC Vive headset manually.
14. The headset feels loose.
A Cineplex D-BOX VR cast member can assist with adjusting the straps on the HTC Vive until the headset fits perfectly.
15. How often are the headset and peripherals cleaned?
Headsets, peripherals and headphones are sanitized after every use.
Raising a Rukus